Limuru golfing began way back in 1926 when eager club members and golf professional, Mr. J.A. Kinnell, the Club Secretary, Major W.D. Bacon drew the plans for an eighteen-hole course.
The first nine holes opened on 25 June 1949 when the then President of the Kenya Golf Union, Mr. David Morgan, drove the first ball 250 yards straight down the first fairway. The second nine holes did not open until February 8, 1952.
The course boundaries are the same today as they were originally. But almost every hole has undergone alterations of one form or another. Given its quality and location, Limuru Country Club is perfect for anyone staying in the city and looking to play golf in a country setting only 30 minutes away.