Become a Member
There has never been a better time to join Limuru Country Club. Since its origin in 1949, the Club has prided itself on attracting individuals who appreciate world-class recreational facilities, excellent service, and socialising with like-minded people. The Club is a place for young and old, where families and friends can meet, exercise, dine and relax, all in the comfort of its beautiful surroundings. The club offers great value-for-money memberships to all Kenyans and Kenyan residents as well as participating corporate partners. We offer a unique and inexpensive temporary membership package for up to two years for expatriates with very simple application procedures. If you are interested in joining Limuru, do pay us a visit. Any person, wishing to join the Club must be introduced by an existing Full Member who applies with the necessary documentation. The joining procedure and accompanying conditions are provided on the form. Alternatively please contact the Club secretary +254 722 645 941 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on every aspect of membership. We look forward to welcoming you to Limuru Country Club.
|Membership Type||Joining Fees (Kshs)||Development Levy(Kshs)||Total (Kshs)||Benefits||Annual Subscriptions (1st year subscriptions already included in the Joining fee) KSh.|
|Joint Full Member||444,000.00||48,000.00||492,000.00||Golf and all other gymkhana activities.||48,000.00|
|Single Full Member||362,000.00||48,000.00||410,000.00||Golf and all other gymkhana activities.||36,000.00|
|Joint Country Member||250,000.00||48,000.00||298,000.00||Entitled to use club house facilities. Entitled to use Golf and other gymkhana activities no more than twice in a calendar month. Must be living 70km from the Club.||24,000.00|
|Single Country Member||204,000.00||48,000.00||252,000.00||Entitled to use club house facilities. Entitled to use Golf and other gymkhana activities no more than twice in a calendar month. Must be living 70km from the Club.||18,000.00|
|Joint Social Member||256,000.00||48,000.00||304,000.00||Entitled to use club house facilities. Golf and other Gymkhana activities not included.||30,000.00|
|Single Social Member||210,000.00||48,000.00||258,000.00/td>||Entitled to use club house facilities. Golf and other Gymkhana activities not included.||24,000.00|
|Corporate Member||304,000.00||48,000.00||352,000.00||Golf and all other gymkhana activities. Corporate membership requires a minimum of three people and a maximum of 10 people from an organization.||34,000.00|
|Temporary (2 years maximum)||110,000.00||48,000.00||158,000.00||Golf and all other gymkhana activities.||100,000.00|
|Junior Member||10,000.00||0||10,000.00||Golf and all other gymkhana activities.||0|
|Absentee||10,000.00||48,000.00||58,000.00||Subject to the initial membership category||0|
- A married person cannot take up single membership and a member who is a single member needs to upgrade their membership to joint once they get married.
- Country Membership is available to persons living within a seventy (70) km radius of the Club and is only allowed at the Club twice in a calendar month.
- Life Membership is for members who have been members of the Club for 25yrs continuously and who have attained the age of 65yrs.
- Temporary membership can only be held for a maximum of 2 years and is currently only open to non-Kenyans.
- Junior Membership is for members’ children between the ages of 18-24yrs who are still dependents of their parents/guardians, after which they transition to full members.
- Corporate Membership is open to corporate bodies as directed by the Club’s Memorandums and Articles of Association and shall nominate a minimum of three (3) of its employees to take up such membership.
- Gymkhana activities are charged at KES 150 for members and KES 250 for non-members.
- To propose a new member, the proposer must have been a full member of the club for at least one year.
- The proposer and a seconder fill in an application form and return it to the membership office attaching the following:
- Membership entrance fee
- Two passport size photos of the applicant and spouse (for joint full membership)
- Copies of ID or passport for both applicant and spouse (for joint full membership)
- Birth certificates for children below 18 years (where applicable)
- A one-page CV for the applicant.
- The proposer and the applicant then appear for balloting by the Membership & Disciplinary Committee (usually on the 1st Saturday of the month, at a place within the club to be advised).
- After the candidate is balloted and is successful, the applicant’s name and photo is posted on the notice board for two months to allow vetting by the general membership. The applicant is also issued with a temporary card for use during the vetting period.
- After two months on the board with no objection from the members, a second Noting is done by the Membership & Disciplinary Committee and thereafter the application is forwarded to the Board of Directors for election.