Limuru Country Club is a premier golf and country club offering first-class sporting and social amenities.
The club wishes to recruit a Food and Beverage Cost Controller who will be primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items as well as ensuring the short and long-term planning of F&B controlling and pricing aspects. The F & B Cost Controller will report to the Club Chief Accountant and will liaise closely with the Food & Beverage Department on operational and cost-related issues. The holder of this position will be responsible for recommending changes to the price of menu items based on the costing information collected.
key tasks and performance areas for the job holder
- Effective control of Food & Beverage Cost.
- Control Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicate these with relevant parties.
- Update and maintain recipes in the system
- Check and verify voids, settlements and discounts in the POS
- Check and verify any happy hour sales as well as complimentary discounts.
- Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts and prepare staff meal cost reports.
- Verify that all sales have been transferred correctly and no postings are lost.
- Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Conduct restaurant and bar checks daily including surprise spot checks on all outlets.
- Daily transfer of stocks within the system from the stores to the POS.
- Continuously study weaknesses in F&B controls and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Conduct stock takes and Prepare various monthly reports for distribution to management
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Skills and Competencies
The job holder requires good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must have analytical and reporting skills and the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment. Experience with Sage Evolution Accounting System, POS Systems and cost and inventory systems will be required as well as good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. The holder of this position will have a high level of attention to detail and should be able to work with minimal supervision.
A Bachelor of Commerce degree or 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting with a minimum CPA II qualification
At least 3 years’ experience in the same role preferably in the hospitality industry.
Limuru Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. Applications including attached CVs stating one’s current position and current salary should be sent to the General Manager titled “Application for Position of F&B Cost Controller” through firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.30pm on 30 November 2019. Only Successful candidates will be contacted.